BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

In Memory Of...

.. Brian Jacques....
He was my favorite author. I read all of his book at least 5 times each. He had a way with words like no other author.
He passed away on February 5, of a fatal heart-attack.
He has written over 20 books. He finished one just before he passed away.





Brian Jacques

 Redwall Abbey
The Noonvale Troupe















"A hare for gluttony and selfless bravery, a mole for good sense and dependability, a mouse for fearless courage"
    "Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us."

"So here is my story, may it bring
Some smiles and a tear or so,
It happened once upon a time,
Far away, and long ago,
Outside the night wind keens and wails,
Come listen to me, the Teller of Tales!"



"Shake paws, count your claws,
You steal mine, I'll borrow yours.
Watch my whiskers, check both ears.
Robber foxes have no fears.


"Step aside? I step aside for nobeast, whether it be a hallowed hedgehog, an officious otter, a seasoned squirrel, a mutterin' mole or a befuddled badger!"

~~Brian Jacques~~





        

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Aww thats so sad=( I really like his books too.

Sara said...

The passing of an era for our family...so glad we'll always have his books...