BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Dog Days of April:)


Well, today was the first or second day I have ever given Bunny a bath. Mom has done most of them... It actually wasn't THAT bad..... I guess the only thing really, is when she shakes and gets watery shampoo all over me...YUCKO. She's pretty good in the water..... unlike my cat. grrrr.......

We *were*  going to go to the beach today, but the tide was in.  The whole beach was pretty much covered......but not so much that we couldn't walk on it for a bit :). There were SOOOOOoooo many jellyfish washed up on shore today!!! It was kinda creepy. There was one pretty one... (IF jellyfish can even BE pretty :) .. it was all blue and it had green, and a little bit of pink coloring, with turquoise tentacles..We also saw a pretty big fish that had washed up on the beach... My dad said  he thought it might be a Gar.... It was sooooo creepy!!! It had a really long nose, with little sharp-looking teeth.

Tomorrow, my dad and I and some church friends are planning to go to the Migration Celebration at the San Bernard Wildlife Refuge.... I'm excited to take pictures!!  I hope it doesn't rain like it did last year.

The Church Camping Trip is coming up next weekend!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Sooo excited!!!.. and on top of it, we're gonna be going to a new park!!!!!:)

9 comments:

Rathi said...

Ah! you have lots of fun... it is always so exciting to be living near the beach. I love beaches.... I think jelly fishes look nice when they see them on TV. Never Actually saw them.... And what is Migration celebration? What do you do there???

Rathi said...

Hi Dear Girl, YOu have an award waiting at my blog.... Check it out...

LydiaRose~ said...

Yes Ratz, I really do enjoy living near the beaches.... Except when Hurricanes come through!!! And yes, jellyfish DO look alot nicer on TV. than they do in real life!! Well, the Migration Celebration is a thing that I guess pretty much celebrates the migration of birds... lol But there is pretty neat stuff to do there.... You can put clay into a mold of an animal print... Like a racoon, rabbit, or a wolf... or somthin' like that.... and there's a van tour of the refuge... and there's a guy there that has Birds of Prey, and he tells you facts about the birds... Thats pretty cool.. And then there's a Marsh Buggey, (AWESOME:) and some other cool stuff!! So yah, I'm excited!!:)

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to live near the ocean! My husband and I LOVE the ocean, the sounds...the smells etc...

I like the horse picture you used, very pretty!

My dogs shake and get me wet when I give them baths too, only mine weigh 120 lbs. and 135 lbs.---that's A LOT of water that gets on you when a dog that size shakes during a bath! (o:

Rathi said...

IT SOUNDS AWESOME DARLING.... I am just waiting for your pics.... Take lots of them..... And enjoy!

:-))

LydiaRose~ said...

Mrs B. I like the sound of the ocean too:)
I like the horse pic too!!:) Its my favorite horse breed!!
WOW!! Your dogs are big!! I love big dogs:) And yes, a 135 pound dog would deffinitly shake more water on you than a five pound dog!!! lol :)

Yes Ratz, I did take quite alot of pics!! :) I'll deffinitly post 'em later:)

Aimee said...

Why do you give your dog baths? Must be nice living close to the ocean=D

LydiaRose~ said...

Aimee, cuz she can start not to smell that great, and she still has fleas... That we're "trying" to get rid of...
Yep, it sure is:):)

Aimee said...

Oh I see, thankfully we don't have to deal with fleas up here.=D But did you know that at the most dogs should have 2 baths a year, because alot of baths dries out there skin and makes them stink worse. Just wanted you to know because it works for our dogs.=)